Wednesday, July 10, 2019

My first post --- Welcome to the Blog!

Hi there,

I'm Raymond.

   I'm a food enthusiast, and cook by trade. Food is a central focus of my life, whether it be eating or making it. I feel like I'm a creative type, always trying to learn and experiment and make new things with what I know, and I decided I wanted to share that with all of you out there. This introduction post is always the hardest thing for me to write, because I feel like I have so much explaining I have to do, but I think this is enough background for now and I can kinda explain how I want this blog to work.

   I do love to write, and tend to ramble when I care about something, but that's actually something I really detest in food blogs, so I intend to keep these posts as minimal on background as possible. How I want these recipe posts to go is this; I introduce the food, include a nice photo (or as nice as I can try and get) of the finished product, shortly explain any special techniques or ingredients I might have used that you should know to recreate the finished product, post the recipe, and underneath that do a little section of what I would/could do differently. I'm a never-satisfied perfectionist, so I'm always thinking of ways I can improve/change a recipe. If I make a change down the road that I feel is significant, I will make a new post and link it down in this "changes" section. This section can also be where I suggest different tweaks or suggestions to slightly change the finished product to fit a different flavor profile or outcome.

  That being said, I already feel like I rambled too much. I've run music and movie review blogs, but never one where I put out there something I solely created myself...so bear with me here as I adapt to something new. I hope people out there enjoy what I post and maybe gain a new delicious recipe for your own life. I would love comments or critiques, especially if people make any of the things I post.

Thank you, anyone and all who read this and the posts to come in this blog. It is my heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment